If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen I finally made a trip home to Cape Town, South Africa, for the first time in 5 years. After a grueling 28 hours of traveling (hello jetlag) I decided to treat myself to a stay in a hotel in my hometown. Which is something I have never done before, but I am so glad I did. I had a wonderful and relaxing stay at The Peninsula hotel in Sea Point.
During my week stay at The Peninsula the staff went above and beyond for me. After checking into my initial room I called downstairs to ask if they possibly had a room with a better sea view, explaining I had not been home or seen the Atlantic ocean in long 5 years. They swiftly upgraded me to a top suite with a large balcony and breathtaking view. Watching the mind blowing candy colored sunsets every single evening on that balcony became one of the highlights of the trip.
5 REASONS TO STAY AT THE PENINSULA
1. The location. You are located directly on the famous Sea Point promenade, which has its own swimming pool, or you are a close distance to the beach.
2. Spacious hotel rooms. For the most part Cape Town hotels have well sized rooms but the suites at The Peninsula have ample room for you to relax in and really make you feel like you are on vacation.
3. The hotel is in close proximity to many amazing Cape Town ocean front restaurants and cafes. Try La Perla and The Dutches of Wisbeach.
4. Accommodating staff and hotel management that really care about you having an amazing stay.
5. If fancy bathrooms are your thing, you will love this hotel. My on-suite bathroom was massive and made complete with jacuzzi tub.
*Pro Tip: Try book a room on the left side of the hotel, as close to the top as possible, for an epic view of the sea, as well as Table Mountain and Lions Head.