Recently I have wanted to change things up and try a new foundation, not that my old one, Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation wasn’t working for me, I felt it was time to add a new one to my beauty collection. After well over an hour in Sephora (yes, I’m that girl), I settled on Smashbox’s Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation.
– This foundation really does have a long wear property to it, I don’t like to use primers and so even without a primer it says on all day, doesn’t oxidize and my skin doesn’t really get oily.
– It has a very natural finish, I applied it with a flat top brush by ELF.
– Doesn’t stick to dry patches.
– It’s easily buildable and the bottle comes with a great pump, it’s easy to do a full or half pump when you are building your foundation- no wasting!
– It does photograph beautifully; I have not tried it in a studio yet, but looks pretty darn flawless in natural light photos.
– It feels weightless on your face- no one likes that cakey heavy feeling you get with some max coverage foundations.
– It’s a little pricey, it runs about $42 a bottle. But I think it would last very long as it is a good sized bottle.
– The shade selection is not extensive.
– It is set fasts. This isn’t necessarily I con, you just have to kind of know how to blend, and it quickly once you apply.
Overall, I am liking this foundation so far! Let me know if you have tried it, or if you have any recommendations for another great foundation- I am always on the lookout.
*This post was not sponsored in anyway by Smashbox or Sephora. I purchased the product at Sephora. All opinions are my own.