There is nothing better than having radiant healthy skin, these days I feel we spend so much money on makeup to conceal but really we should be taking care of our skin and doing some real healing, so all the makeup is not necessary. Here are a few of my favorite healthy skin tips:
- Give new products time to work for you: I know the feeling of getting a new line of skin care products, using them once and expecting big changes. But to get your skin to the healthy place you want it to be consistency and patience is key. Good things come to those who wait!
- Slather on a good SPF daily: Everyone has heard this so many times, but it’s for a reason! Wearing sunscreen is one of the most important steps in healthy skin care. It’s vital you slather on a good SPF everyday before going outside.
- Clean your makeup brushes: Get into the routine of washing your make up brushes regularly, you need to make sure they are squeaky clean and not putting any bacteria on your face. Clean your brushes with a mix of a few drops of cleanser in a cup and warm water, pat dry and lay flat air to dry over night.
- Beauty Sleep: Try to get at least 8 hours of good sleep a night. It’s called beauty sleep for a reason, so get to bed early.
- Go makeup-free! Going makeup free can be scary for some, I totally understand. But giving your skin that break to breathe can do wonders for your pores and complexion! Plus you will love the confidence you will get when you are comfortable with your beautiful natural makeup-free face!
When you do go makeup-free, share your confidence with other women who are doing the same thing in the awesome Break Up with Your Makeup contest from Galderma Laboratories, L.P.! It empowers anyone who struggles with rosacea, or thinks they might have it, to kick their makeup to the curb. Share a no-makeup selfie showing how you stay confident even on “tough skin days” for a chance to win an all-expense paid trip to NYC for the Fall 2015 New York Film Festival. You can learn more about Galderma’s prescription skincare products that help with the treatment of rosacea, like ORACEA® (doxycycline, USP) 40 mg, the only once daily pill for the treatment of the bumps and pimples of rosacea, on the Break Up with Your Makeup page.
Important Safety Information
Indication: ORACEA® (doxycycline, USP) Capsules 40 mg* are indicated for the treatment of only inflammatory lesions (papules and pustules) of rosacea in adult patients. ORACEA Capsules do not lessen the facial redness caused by rosacea. Adverse Events: In controlled clinical studies, the most commonly reported adverse events (>2%) in patients treated with ORACEA Capsules were nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, diarrhea, hypertension and aspartate aminotransferase increase.
Warnings/Precautions: ORACEA Capsules should not be used to treat or prevent infections. ORACEA Capsules should not be taken by patients who have a known hypersensitivity to doxycycline or other tetracyclines. ORACEA Capsules should not be taken during pregnancy, by nursing mothers, or during tooth development (up to the age of 8 years). Although photosensitivity was not observed in clinical trials, ORACEA Capsules patients should minimize or avoid exposure to natural or artificial sunlight. The efficacy of ORACEA Capsules treatment beyond 16 weeks and safety beyond 9 months have not been established.
*30 mg immediate release beads and 10 mg delayed release beads.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
I was selected, as a member of Clever Girls, to post on behalf of the Break Up with Your Makeup program sponsored by Galderma Laboratories, L.P. The content and opinions expressed here are my own. You should discuss any medication with your doctor.